CS Executive Company Law Video Lectures for June 2023/ Dec 2023
Company Law is the 2nd paper of CS Executive Module 1. It is subjective paper (descriptive question based). There are 23 chapters in this subject. The entire subject is divided into 3 parts:
- Part I : Company Law, Principles & Concepts (50 Marks)
- Part II: Company Administration and Meetings – Law and Practices (40 Marks)
- Part III: Company Secretary as a Profession (10 Marks)
For June 2023 and Dec 2023, we are providing live and recorded video lectures of Company Law.
Subscribe CS Executive Company Law Video Lectures and Live Classes
Subject: Company Law
Applicable for: June 2023 & Dec 2023
Price: Rs. 4000
No. of Views: Unlimited
No. of Classes: 100 (approx.)
No. of Hours: 120 (approx.)
Notes: Printable PDF (No hard copy)
CS Executive Company Law Free Demo Classes
Company Law Online Classes
Chapter 16 – Class 1
Company Law Video Classes
Chapter 16 – Class 2
Company Law Video Lectures
Chapter 16 – Class 3
Company Law Online Videos
Chapter 17 – Class 1
How Classes will be delivered?
Notes of CS Executive Company Law
Notes will be delivered in PDF. Students can download the notes and print them if required.
Live Classes of CS Executive Company Law
Live Classes will be delivered on Zoom. Details of classes will be sent to the students on their WhatsApp No. registered with us.
Online/Recorded Classes of CS Executive Company Law
Student can opt to take the classes in any of the 2 formats:
- Online Format
- Downloadable Format
Online Format (Suitable to watch videos on Mobile)
In Online Format, we create an online account of student on our website, and student can watch the videos just like YouTube Videos. Here internet is required to watch the videos. Student may use mobile or laptop to watch the videos.
Downloadable Format (Suitable to watch videos on Laptop)
In Downloadable Format, we share videos via Google Drive, and student can watch the videos by downloading the videos from the Google Drive. Here internet is required to download the videos. After downloading, videos can be watched without internet. These videos can be watch only on single laptop (Operating System shall be Windows. Our videos do not support Mac). These videos are not compatible with mobiles.
Syllabus of CS Executive Company Law for June 2022 and Dec 2022
COMPANY LAW (MAX MARKS 100)
To impart expert knowledge of the various provisions of the Companies Act, its schedules, rules, notifications, circulars including secretarial practice, case laws and Secretarial Standards.
Part I : Company Law, Principles & Concepts (50 Marks)
1. Introduction to Company Law: Jurisprudence of Company Law; Meaning, Nature, Features of a company; Judicial acceptance of the company as a separate legal entity; Concept of Corporate Veil, Applicability of Companies Act; Definitions and Key Concepts.
2. Share and Share Capital: Meaning and types of Capital; Concept of issue and allotment; Issue of Share certificates; Further Issue of Share Capital; Issue of shares on Private and Preferential basis; Rights issue and Bonus Shares; Sweat Equity Shares and ESOPs; Issue and Redemption of preference shares; Transfer
and Transmission of securities; Buyback of securities; dematerialization and rematerialization of shares; Reduction of Share Capital.
3. Members and Shareholders: How to become a member; Register of Members; Declaration of Beneficial Interest; Rectification of Register of Members; Rights of Members; Variation of Shareholders’ rights; Shareholders Democracy; Shareholder agreement, Subscription Agreements, Veto powers.
4. Debt Capital and Deposits: Issue and redemption of Debentures and Bonds; creation of security; Debenture redemption reserve; debenture trust deed; conversion of debentures into shares; Overview of Company Deposits.
5. Charges: Creation of Charges; Registration, Modification and Satisfaction of Charges; Register of Charges; Inspection of charges; Punishment for contravention; Rectification by Central Government in Register of charges.
6. Distribution of Profits – Dividend: Profit and Ascertainment of Divisible Profits; Declaration and Payment of Dividend; Unpaid Dividend Account; Investor Education and Protection Fund; Right to dividend; rights shares and bonus shares to be held in abeyance.
7. Corporate Social Responsibility: Applicability of CSR; Types of CSR Activities; CSR Committee and Expenditure; Net Profit for CSR; Reporting requirements.
8. Accounts, Audit and Auditors: Books of Accounts; Financial Statements; National Financial Reporting Authority; Auditors-Appointment, Resignation and Procedure relating to Removal, Qualification and Disqualification; Rights, Duties and Liabilities; Audit and Auditor’s Report; Cost Audit; Secretarial Audit; Internal Audit; Change in Financial Year.
9. Transparency and Disclosures: Board’s Report; Annual Return; Annual Report; Website disclosures; Policies; Active; Disclosure in Financial Statement.
10. An overview of Inter-Corporate Loans, Investments, Guarantees and Security, Related Party Transactions.
11. Registers and Records: Maintenance and Disposal.
12. An Overview of Corporate Reorganization: Introduction of Compromises, Arrangement and amalgamation, Oppression and Mismanagement, Liquidation and winding-up; Overview of Registered Valuers; Registration Offices and Fees; Companies to furnish information and statistics.
13. An Introduction to MCA 21 and Filing in XBRL.
14. Global Developments: Global Trends and Developments in Company Law. Case Laws, Case Studies and Practical Aspects.
PART II: Company Administration and Meetings – Law and Practices (40 Marks)
15. Board Constitution and its Powers: Board composition; Restriction and Powers of Board; Board Committees- Audit Committee, Nomination and Remuneration Committee, Stakeholder relationship Committee and other Committees.
16. Directors: DIN requirement, Types of Directors; Appointment/ Reappointment, Disqualifications, Vacation of Office, Retirement, Resignation and Removal, and Duties of Directors; Rights of Directors; Loans to Directors; Disclosure of Interest; Declaration by the Directors; Director’s KYC.
17. Appointment and Remuneration of Key Managerial Personnel: Appointment of Key Managerial Personnel; Managing and Whole-Time Directors, Manager, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer; Company Secretary – Appointment, Role and Responsibilities, Company Secretary as a Key Managerial Personnel; Functions of Company Secretary; Officer who is in default; Remuneration of Managerial Personnel Declaration by the Directors.
18. Meetings of Board and its Committees: Frequency, Convening and Proceedings of Board and Committee meetings; Agenda Management; Meeting Management; Resolution by Circulation; Types of Resolutions; Secretarial Standard – 1; Duties of Company Secretaries before, during and after Board/ Committee Meeting.
19. General Meetings: Annual General Meeting; Extraordinary general Meetings; Other General Meetings; Types of Resolutions; Notice, Quorum, Poll, Chairman, Proxy; Meeting and Agenda; Process of conducting meeting; Voting and its types-vote on show of hands, Poll, E-Voting, Postal ballot; Circulation of Members’ Resolutions etc.; Signing and Inspection of Minutes; Secretarial Standard-2; Duties of Company Secretaries before, during and after General Meeting.
20. Virtual Meetings: Technological Advancement in conduct of Board, Committee & General Meetings.
Part III: Company Secretary as a Profession (10 Marks)
21. Legal Framework Governing Company Secretaries: The Company Secretaries Act, 1980 along with Rules and Regulations; Disciplinary Mechanism and Penalties for Professional Misconduct; Ethics in Profession, Professional Liabilities.
22. Secretarial Standards Board: Secretarial Standards Board of ICSI; Process of making Secretarial Standards; Need and Scope of Secretarial Standards.
23. Mega Firms: Concept of mega firms; Benefits of mega firms, Eligibility criteria for partner, Agreement between partners; management of Firm; Collective multidisciplinary expertise; Public Relation and Brand Building.